Sunday, February 12, 2012

Tipping

Hello everyone,
 

Our hotels will be available 21 days prior to departure.  I will share the info as soon as I have it.  What I do need to collect is tip money from everyone before we depart.  (Students, we should hopefully be able to cover this with fundraising money). 
 
 

Tipping Information - Total $76 per person

The total is an estimate based on EF's tipping recommendation for tour directors ($6 per person per day) and bus drivers ($3 per person per day). (I figured we could pay a small amount for the last day since we leave so early, yet the tour guide is still escorting us the the airport.  I am not collecting any  money for Day 1 of the tour since we are on an airplane.  We give 1 tip envelope to the driver and 1 to the tour guide who will be with us the whole trip.  (We may end up with two bus drivers - 1 before the ferry and 1 after, so I will ensure to pay each accordingly).  If we are disappointed for any reason, we can decide as a group what to tip and I will return the extra money to you in USD or Euros (whatever you prefer).  I am collecting the money in USD before we depart and will retrieve the money in Euros from the ATM before it is time to give.  This way, you will not have to worry on tour.  If I do not get tip money from you, it can be kind of awkward for the rest of us because we don't want to look like we are not giving enough.  (Tipping is usually done as a group from each group leader).  If you have a concern about tipping or prefer to tip on your own, please let me know right away so we can make arrangements.  It is definitely expected that we do take care of the people who will take care of us for our journey.  :)

Additional tipping information:
  • Most tours also include local guides for sightseeing tours. It is typical to tip these guides $1 to $2 per person at the conclusion of the sightseeing.  [up to you if you wish to pay at the end of the sightseeing tour]
  • Please note that tips for local guides and/or cruise staff are not included in this estimate and you should budget separately for them as necessary.
Thanks!

No comments: